- Operating Systems: Windows OS (7/8/10), Linux CentOS 6, Mac OS 8+
- Microsoft Office 365, Imaging PCs using Ghost, McAfee and Avast Anti-Virus
- Networking technologies: DNS, DHCP, Wi-Fi, IP, TCP, UDP, SMTP, FTP, VoIP/SIP, Storage Area Network (SAN), and basic knowledge of SAN and Cisco switches
- Video Conference and Remote Device Management: TeamViewer, Skype for Business, HPE MyRoom, Dameware
- Helpdesk Ticketing System: LANDesk, Salesforce, Xerox Services Manager (XSM)
- Experience with various backup systems and business printers
29.08.2018-28.02.2019 ESP Global Services Limited UK (Dublin, Ireland)
Onsite Airport IT Support Engineer 6-month contract
I provide Remote & Onsite Support for all airport passenger processing systems at Dublin Airport.
Counter Information Displays (CIDS)
- Carrying out preventive maintenance as well as troubleshooting and repairing on the range of self-service machines (Windows 8/10)
- Troubleshooting, and repairing Multi-User System Environment (MUSE) Workstations (Windows 8/10), bar code readers, cameras, information displays, printers, and etc.
- Remote Device Management with Dameware
- Respond to all customer incidents (LANDesk) and work to agreed SLA's
- Inventory handling (Microsoft Excel)
Flight Information Displays (FIDS)
- - IDS will display counter status at these displays, e.g. open, closed, First Class, Economy, etc.
Common Use Passenger Processing System (CUPPS)
- - IDS will display all required flight information from data received.
Common Use Self-Service (CUSS)
- - Software and hardware standards designed to allow a single passenger processing station to serve multiple airlines.
U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP)- Provides local information regarding their lane assignments in the FIDS area.
- - Software and hardware developed to allow a single self-service kiosk to serve multiple airlines.
- Most of HPE, Ireland job moved to India and I am one of the lucky one who lost his job (Hewlett Packard Enterprise will cut 5000 of global staff 2017-2018.).
- I say lucky because I got a fantastic redundancy payment, and this gave me time to meet my family in Finland, watch World Cup Football and enjoy the summer.
17.10.2011-30.03.2018 Hewlett Packard Enterprise (Leixlip, Ireland)
Nearline Support Engineer (02/2012-03/2018)
Troubleshooting and solving problems by phone, email and remotely.
- Respond to all customer incidents (Salesforce) and work to agreed SLA's
- HPE StoreOnce systems (Disk backup system that running on Linux and IBRIX File System)
- I was handling most complex issues and escalation cases
- HPE Standalone Tape Drives and Tape Libraries
- HPE Virtual Storage Appliance is a software-defined storage backup appliance that eliminates the need for dedicated hardware. Run HPE StoreOnce VSA on VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V.
- I have completed VMware vSphere 6.0 Part 1 and 2 courses that I was able to help customers setup, use and troubleshoot VSA's.
- HPE MSA (Modular Smart Arrays)
- Information gathering, analytically troubleshooting and problem research
- Generating Sales Leads
- Using SAN Toolbox for solving problems in SAN switches (not officially supported our team)
Server Support Response Engineer (10/2011-01/2012)
Troubleshooting and solving problems by phone, e-mail and remotely.
- Hewlett Packard ProLiant server product line and HP Blade Systems
Nearline Support Team?
In February 2012, I and 6 colleagues were given an opportunity to create a new team to support Hewlett Packard backup systems. I worked for this team until the end of March 2018.
- Our goal was not to replace the backup systems without a diagnosis
- We helped to do troubleshooting and solving problems by phone, email and remotely
We trained customers to do troubleshooting and manage their backup system(s)
Also, we wrote many instructions on how customers can manage better their backup system(s)
11/2010-10/2011, Xerox Ltd (Dublin, Ireland)
Customer Support Account Champion
- Support customer's business printer solutions via phone and email
- Escalation of incidents, as and when necessary
- Troubleshooting and solving technical problems both by phone and e-mail
- Accurate documentation of all ticket-related issues within Xerox Services Manager (XSM) and other tools
- Validating DRA's and dispatching consumables where required
01/1998-06/2010, ICE Group Ky (Espoo, Finland)
- I sold customers McAfee and Black ICE Security Solutions and licenses
- I installed and educated customers to use McAfee Antivirus/ePO and Black ICE products
- I also had a computer recycling service.
I made companies a safe way to recycle computers to remove all information from hard disk(s) with an overwrite program or by destroying it.
- I re-assembled computers and sold them to consumers.